Your wedding day is approaching and you’re nailing your planning! But no matter how much you’ve planned, unexpected things, out of your control, may happen. Dress malfunctions, a surprise visit from mother nature, or even passing out; we’re sure you’ve heard all of the horror stories of wedding day mishaps. But don’t fret! We’ve compiled a list of practical items that will help you and your gals come prepared.
Here’s what to include:
1. Someone to own your Emergency Kit! As the bride, you shouldn’t have to keep track of your emergency kit. Ask your Maid of Honor or find a Bridal Attendant. It may be a great way to involve that friend you weren’t able to include in your Bridal Party!
2. Touch Up Items | Make up Bag
- Bobbie Pins / Hair-elastics: You can never have enough Bobbie pins!
- Make-up & Blotting Papers: Show off your wedding day glow, but keep the glistening at bay
- Nail Polish: If you go for a standard manicure, it’s helpful to keep a bottle in your shade to touch up any chips. Otherwise, gel is a beautiful and durable option. Treat yo’self!
- Hairspray: To tame those wild fly-aways
3. Toiletries/Wellness Items | First-Aid Kit
- Deodorant / Perfume: Freshen up throughout the night with your favorite scent
- Feminine Products: If you don’t end up needing a tampon, someone will!
- Ibuprofen / Antacid / Allergy meds: Headache? Stomach-ache? No problem!
- Water / Light snack: It’s easy to get wrapped up in the busyness and forget the essentials. Make sure to stay hydrated and eat a light snack like crackers or a granola bar to keep your energy up.
4. Wardrobe Malfunction Items | Sewing Kit
- Extra Under-garments: Wedding dresses can be hot, so it’s handy to have another set of under-garments. Just keep in mind that anything other than nude or white may show through your dress.
- Sewing kit: Groomsman split a seam? Lost a button on your bustle? Include thread to match your dress, bridesmaid dresses, and groomsmen attire, as well as needles, scissors, buttons, and safety pins. (My seamstress even recommended a small stapler as a quick hem fix for groomsmen!)
- Tide to go stick / White Chalk: White does not hide stains well, so be sure to pack a stain remover. If the remover doesn’t do the trick, white chalk works as a quick cover up.
- Toupee Tape: It’s much more reliable than your average fashion tape and may be a lifesaver if your dress is strapless.
5. Bonus Items
- Phone / Wallet: Keeping your personal items in your kit will give you a peace of mind and help you remember exactly where you left them.
- Extra Contacts: If you are wearing contacts on your wedding day, pack a spare! You’re going to want to be able to read your vows and recognize your long lost uncle when he comes up to congratulate you.
- Dancing Shoes: You’ll be able to dance the night away when you bring a set of cute sandals or flats to give your feet a break.
- Bug Spray: If you have an outdoor wedding, chances are you’ll have your share of mosquitoes. Fight off those blood-sucking, joy stealers with a little Deet.
- Tote: You will want to have a nice bag for your emergency kit. It may look a little strange if you and your bridal party rush into the bathroom with a hiking backpack. But hey, get creative!
Feel free to take this list and make it your own! This is your wedding day and your emergency kit should be tailored to you. Pack your shade of lipstick, favorite snacks, scent of deodorant and more. Just remember, you may not be prepared for everything, and that’s ok. Don’t sweat the small stuff and stay in the moment. All of your friends and family are gathered to support and celebrate your marriage! And at the end of the day, no matter how it went, you will be married to your best friend and that is worth celebrating!